After being so sad about MCA’s death, I started thinking and realized that I’ve been sad about 5 celebrities dying.
1) Tupac - I cried like a little baby.
2) Kurt Cobain - I cried like a little baby.
3) Ayrton Senna - I cried like a little baby with my mom.
3) June Carter Cash - I cried like a little baby with my friend Laura.
4) Johnny Cash - I cried like a little baby with my friend Laura.
And now I’ve got to pass the mic to Yauch….
Rest In Peace MCA
Licensed to Ill to was the first tape I bought with my own money. Your band was a huge part of my youth. I remember playing Get it Together over and over when I worked at Hot Topic. My manager actually banned me from playing Ill Communication for a few days. So many memories: kissing out, first kiss!, going vegan, thinking about religion, doing drugs, working, cleaning my room — young stuff & growing up…and you were part of it somehow.